Kyte Powertech is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of Distribution Transformer products. Established in 1977, Kyte Powertech is a privately owned enterprise which has enjoyed substantial growth in recent years. The demand is strong, and it enjoys a pipeline of sales and opportunity which is enviable by industry standards. Kyte Powertech is ambitious for its future and therefore keen to bolster its management team by employing best-in-class talent to underpin its strategic plans.
Kyte Powertech Ireland Ltd provides distribution transformers and solutions to industry and utility companies with increasing specialisation in the renewable energy sector. The Irish company was founded in 1977 as Pauwels Trafo, was acquired by CG in 2005 and became a fully Irish owned entity in 2020 via an MBO and with supportive backing by MML.
The company designs, manufactures, markets, and supports its transformers from its base in Cavan. Kyte Powertech is an important employer in the region and is exceptionally proud of its heritage and multiple international accreditations. Kyte Powertech supplies to all Irish and UK Energy Utilities, many European utilities and a broad international network of utilities and, Turnover currently exceed €100M and the firm is on a trajectory to reach exceed this in coming years.
It has won new business, developed deep client trust and commitment, and is backed by an impressive order book. Investment in production and product is constantly driving new opportunities. We now have a position for a Commercial Manager to play a key role in our growth programme.
The Role & Purpose
As a member of our Leadership Team, you will be responsible the commercial strategy of the organisation. Equipping the company with robust and challenging sales budget and delivering contracts and orders with required margins. This role will constantly look to exceed customer expectations through maximum OTD and excellence of service and fluid communication. Developing partnerships with customers and technology supplier to present smart solutions. The Commercial Manager will also look after promotion of the brand internally and externally.
The role will ensure order intake, top line margin management and customer management to the end of product warranty.
- Maintain strong customer relations.
- Build an accurate sales budget in line with plant capacity and market intelligence.
- Analyse markets, competitors and customers with a view to building customers and markets.
- Working with R&D on site build partnerships with customers and companies to develop innovative solutions.
- Identify value add solutions.
- Develop business and new products for new and existing customers and markets.
- Build the brand through social media and strategic activities including trade shows and exhibitions.
- Internal and community marketing and involvement.
- Manage customer services.
- Manage tendering & quotation processes.
- Ensure pricing strategies and pricing management.
- Oversee the CRM – Salesforce.
- Management of the national and international sales team
- Commercial negotiations
- Education to degree or masters level (or equivalent training and experience) in Sales, Marketing, Commercial or Engineering areas.
- 6 years plus of experience working in a in seniors Sales role with a manufacturing plant/ within the electrical contracting and commercial sector dealing with large clients
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of commercial monitoring performance and setting goals for performance improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- A keen negotiator
- Ability to communicate, motivate, train and inspire others.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse processes, enact change, and think operationally and strategically to achieve business goals.
- Experience in managing People and CRM tools