Reports directly to CFO and close working with Operations.
The cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
This is an excellent opportunity that will report directly to the CFO but will require the successful candidate to work closely with the manufacturing teams across the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labour.
- Analysing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provide business analyst support to manufacturing departments to assist in goal achievements and cost reduction projects.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Analyse capital budgeting proposals.
- Set out standard work processes, visual management boards and other lean processes within finance.
- Lead by influence and strong communication across the company on cost management and awareness.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
- Previous experience in a similar Accounting role. (technician – and about 2 years – cost accounting mindset not necessarily mgt.) (preferable manufacturing)
- On-site requirement
- Advanced Excel User.
- Previous SAP experience would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, management skills, strong work ethic, consensus gathering skills & organizational skills.
Energy curiosity want to have right resilience and . needs to be competent in putting voice forward and communicating self-starter.