Transforming the World of Energy Every Day
Kyte Powertech is a global leader in electrical transformer production, offering tailor made products,
services and solutions for utility and industrial customers. Our distribution transformers are playing
a critical role in enabling the wide scale roll-out of renewable energy and the integration of wind and
other renewable electricity sources onto the grid. We provide products that deliver useable energy
to businesses, homes, hospitals, and industry every day.
Kyte Powertech is widely valued by its customers for its ability to engineer and produce high quality
equipment to meet the changing requirements in the renewable energy network. The business has
been effective in meeting market requirements to date with a production facility that has until
recently had minimal investment.
Kyte is an important employer in the region, and we are exceptionally proud of our heritage and
multiple international accreditations. We are an ambitious, growing business that has recently
transformed the organisation. We have won new business, cultivated deep client trust, increased
our customised products and developed leading technology.
Our values of integrity, trust and respect are paramount in all our interactions. These apply to
relationships with customers and suppliers as well as our employees and teams. In the workplace,
we strive to operate in a nurturing environment to allow our people to continue to grow in their
professional and personal life.
We are looking currently recruiting for a Strategic Buyer that will help the company on its
growth trajectory, adding expertise, creativity and new perspective to our ways of work.
The Role & Purpose
Kyte Powertech spends >€85M per annum on materials – commodities, specialist and routine items. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, our Strategic Buyer will oversee the achievement of best possible value for this spend whilst ensuring the most beneficial supply base and security of supply for the company. This includes the strategic supplier relationships, the contracts, performance reviews and improvement of the supply base and innovative materials.
KPI’s include pricing against indexes, savings, security of supply.
- Create and implement ESG supply chain governance structures and practices.
- Risk manage the supply chain with regards volatility, geopolitical disruptions, raw material costs and logistics challenges and potential cartels.
- Ensuring Kyte achieves best price/value at all supply chain negotiations commercially and contractually.
- Ensure the establishment of a competitive global supply chain which provides for sustainable reductions of total cost and integrates seamless into the purchasing and production (assembly) processes.
- Ongoing supply chain analysis to identify new suppliers, market trends and data analysis to support strategic buying decisions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analysing market research data to help develop strategies for product development.
- Develop a strong supply chain network keeping informed of trends and developments.
- Negotiate deals and select high-performing suppliers that meet our cost, quality, delivery, management and technology objectives.
Degree qualified in Business/Supply Chain field preferably with a global focus or Technically qualified with acute commercial acumen
Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with focus on drawing value for the company.
5+ years’ experience working as a buyer in a technical, regulated or complex industry is required.
Commercial curiosity and acumen
Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working.
ERP proficient with SAP experience desired.
Good planning / project management skills.
Ability to travel and potentially at short notice.
Cost Savings Contract & Risk Management
Supply chain continuity Supply Chain analysis
Supplier Relationships ESG Scoring