Kyte Powertech is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of Distribution Transformer products. Established in 1977, Kyte is a privately owned enterprise which has enjoyed substantial growth in recent years. The demand is strong and it enjoys a pipeline of sales and opportunity which is enviable by industry standards. Kyte is ambitious for its future and therefore keen to bolster its management team by employing best-in-class talent to underpin its strategic plans.
Kyte Powertech Ireland Ltd provides distribution transformers and solutions to industry and utility companies with increasing specialisation in the renewable energy sector. The Irish company was founded in 1977 as Pauwels Trafo, was acquired by CG in 2005 and became a fully Irish owned entity in 2020 via a management buyout and with supportive backing by MML.
The company designs, manufactures, markets and supports its transformers from its base in Cavan. Kyte is an important employer in the region and is exceptionally proud of its heritage and multiple international accreditations. Kyte supplies to all Irish and UK Energy Utilities, many European utilities and a broad international network of utilities and . Turnover currently exceed €100M and the firm is on a trajectory to reach exceed this in coming years.
It has won new business, developed deep client trust and commitment, and is backed by an impressive order book. Investment in production and product is constantly driving new opportunities. We now have a position for an Chief Operations Officer to play a key role in our growth program.
Kyte handles €70-80M either of raw materials each year. The stores area control thee materials from delivery to site, receipt, storage and issue in line with production schedules. Inventory control is essential throughout our premises.
The Role & Purpose
Achieving high levels of satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, kitting and assuring quality and quantity of raw materials. Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance. Direct the stores daily activities via Stores Foreman.
Inventory management is core to our performance and success and this role over sees the management and control on inventories from site delivery to consumption in product, ensuring accuracy and optimizing availability.
- Executes daily inventory analysis; identifies and resolves discrepancies and problems.
- Oversees stock item master, identifying incorrect descriptions and stock numbers.
- Locates items that may have incorrect locations or stock numbers to assist order processors.
- Communicates with Purchasing Department as needed regarding new items, changes of location, counts, etc.
- Ensures milestones and goals are met.
- Performs and assists with general maintenance and clean-up of warehouse.
- Ensure accurate receipt of goods and alignment with purchase order
- Ensure Accurate and optimum storage locations
- Devise best practice for accurate and on time delivery to production locations.
- Definition of most advantageous delivery option to each location and stock management method.
- Inventory management through optimum issue and kitting and timely receipt and measurement of returns.
- Organise and maintain inventory storage areas, Measure and report inventory transaction accuracy
- Stock accuracy through inventory and cycle counting, Control stock levels and maintain ERP accuracy.
- Work closely with suppliers of semi-finished goods.
- Identify and highlight slow moving goods.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Identify areas of improvement and set project for improving work procedures and practices.
- Ensure shipment and inventory transaction accuracy
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees & Create and develop a team ethic
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Drive company strategy deployments and initiatives such as change and continuous improvements
- Maintain awareness of key trends such as AI, WMS interface, inventory controls systems and automation.
- Education to diploma level (or equivalent training and experience) in Warehouse Management, logistics, Engineering or Manufacturing Management.
- 3 years plus of experience working in a Stores management role within a busy manufacturing plant.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of warehouse management techniques and setting and maintaining KPI’s that exceed expectations.
- Track record of leading and setting goals for performance and operational improvement.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong awareness of how warehouse activities impact other areas of the otganisation
- Demonstrated ability to analyse processes, enact change, and think operationally and strategically to achieve business goals.
- Ability to communicate, motivate, train and inspire others.
- Experience in managing ERP and warehouse management tools
- Have customer satisfaction at the core of all activities
Requirements and skills
Proven work experience as a Warehouse Supervisor
Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
Ability to input, retrieve and analyse data
Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
Strong organisational and time management skills