Kyte Powertech Ltd provides distribution transformers and highly technical solutions to industry and utility companies with increasing specialisation in the renewable energy sector. The Irish company was founded in 1977 as Pauwels Trafo and acquired by CG in 2005 but in 2020 it became Kyte Powertech an Irish company with truly international market and on a growth trajectory .
The company designs, manufactures, and supports its transformers and solutions from its base in Cavan. We are an important employer in the region and are exceptionally proud of our heritage and multiple international accreditations. Manufacturing consists of transformer core, winding, metal fabrication, painting, assembly, sub-station assembly and testing. All support functions from marketing to shipping are housed on-site.
Kyte Powertech Limited is an ambitious, growing business that has recently transformed the profitability of organisation with a solid restructure and alignment of processes and cost bases. It has won new business, developed deep client trust and commitment and is backed by an impressive order book. Since 2018 we have been developing a culture of lean and enterprise excellence at the Cavan site.
Engagement, efficiency and performance are at the forefront of all our conversations. The Lean journey has begun and is making a difference, we now need to progress into a more sustainable phase of continuous improvement.
Having become a wholly Irish owned entity in 2020, Kyte have collaborated with Enterprise Ireland to hire of graduates that will continue to bring fresh ideas, challenge the way things are done, stimulate innovation and bring a new perspective on products, processes and business. Kyte have defined 3 clear projects and the graduates will be mentored on site by an experienced and qualified personnel. These projects are significant projects in the company’s overall growth plan.
Kyte Powertech are looking for three talented and enthusiastic graduates to bring the latest learning and ideas to our thriving plant over a two-year period. Kyte commit to providing an exciting and challenging development and learning opportunity. Graduates will have a minimum Level 6 qualification. All roles will be based in Cavan.
Title: Lean Manufacturing Engineer
The Role & Purpose
To bring the latest learning and Lean Manufacturing concepts into Kyte Powertech’s manufacturing and management processes. Using Six Sigma and Lean techniques to analyse problems and troubleshoot bottlenecks. Bring visual management, 5S, process flows and study value streams within the plant for increased safety, quality and productivity. Work with our in-house Master Black Belt and other Lean champions to pilot programs and embed success.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop lean expertise by working with lean champions in departments and assist less senior lean team
- members to apply and execute lean principles and tools.
- Monitor Lean team & tool use.
- Deliver organization’s lean training modules.
- Coach operations, support and lean teams to apply lean materials flow principles to enhance material flow.
- Prioritise safety and quality in executing assigned duties and communicating lean principles to employees.
- Train and support continuous improvement within departments to determine and eliminate waste.
- Provide Support as organisation’s lean advocate.
- Engage in establishing goals for lean execution and value stream improvement.
- Support high priority projects to attain desired scope and outcome
- Verifies how non-conformance is documented and samples to eliminate 7 wastes and utilise CAPA
Manufacturing Manager, M.Sc. Quality Management, Master Black Belt.
- Education to Advanced Cert or higher in Lean, Six Sigma, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Results orientated.
- Keen interest in manufacturing.
- Driven by improvement.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Project leader with awareness of stakeholder management.
- Good organizational skills
- Resilient and capable of overcoming project set back – End in Mind focus.
Outcomes for the Plant
|Learning through practice of lean and project techniques
Creating a better work environment
Problem solving approach
|Increased safety through organized areas and standard scheduled work
Visibility of product and progress within the factory environment
|10% Productivity increase
Revied also on a project by project basis