Kyte Powertech Ltd provides distribution transformers and highly technical solutions to industry and utility companies with increasing specialisation in the renewable energy sector. The Irish company was founded in 1977 as Pauwels Trafo and acquired by CG in 2005 but in 2020 it became Kyte Powertech an Irish company with truly international market and on a growth trajectory .
The company designs, manufactures, and supports its transformers and solutions from its base in Cavan. We are an important employer in the region and are exceptionally proud of our heritage and multiple international accreditations. Manufacturing consists of transformer core, winding, metal fabrication, painting, assembly, sub-station assembly and testing. All support functions from marketing to shipping are housed on-site.
Kyte Powertech Limited is an ambitious, growing business that has recently transformed the profitability of organisation with a solid restructure and alignment of processes and cost bases. It has won new business, developed deep client trust and commitment and is backed by an impressive order book. Since 2018 we have been developing a culture of lean and enterprise excellence at the Cavan site.
Engagement, efficiency and performance are at the forefront of all our conversations. The Lean journey has begun and is making a difference, we now need to progress into a more sustainable phase of continuous improvement.
Having become a wholly Irish owned entity in 2020, Kyte have collaborated with Enterprise Ireland to hire of graduates that will continue to bring fresh ideas, challenge the way things are done, stimulate innovation and bring a new perspective on products, processes and business. Kyte have defined 3 clear projects and the graduates will be mentored on site by an experienced and qualified personnel. These projects are significant projects in the company’s overall growth plan.
Kyte Powertech are looking for three talented and enthusiastic graduates to bring the latest learning and ideas to our thriving plant over a two-year period. Kyte commit to providing an exciting and challenging development and learning opportunity. Graduates will have a minimum Level 6 qualification. All roles will be based in Cavan.
Title: New Product Introduction Engineer
The Role & Purpose
Kyte’s ability to design and engineer new product for new and emerging renewable markets has soared. Exciting new developments, new designs and new techniques are required to manufacture the process. This engineer with work with R&D new concepts and designs building a clear process of steps to be taken from R&D to protype preparation through to manufacture. This person will anticipate the manufacturing needs for new designs.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the allocated project through structured gated process from R&D to prototype and
- Give support to Plan, coordinate, implement and finalize manufacturing projects according to specifications while maintaining the project performance indices: Quality – Cost – Delivery
- Technical decisions/guidance of projects requirements to sub Suppliers.
- These include (but not limited to); tool and fixture manufacturing designs, machining
requirements, drawings, CAD models, Contract/Condition of Supply requirements.
- Support of production line tooling and equipment to support manufacturing processes.
- Lead team meetings to facilitate communication between organizations and functions.
Production and Engineering Manager, B. Eng, M.Sc. Black Belt.
- Education to Advanced Certificate or higher in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- Keen interest in manufacturing technology and machine capabilities.
- Project orientated and ability to conceptualize and plan project from drawings.
- Clear communicator and ability to liaise with potential suppliers to achieve best solution.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to take ownership of a project.
- Ability to execute problem solving techniques related to design/technical issues.
- Good organizational skills
Outcomes for the Plant
|Right equipment tooling and training for manufacture.
Learning from guided product manufacture.
|Correct manufacturing techniques giving quality product.
Clear definition of plant/equipment capability
|Ability to introduce new products to manufacture with on time delivery.||Guide product through first time production.
Prepare factory for increased capability in product.