Kyte Powertech Ltd provides distribution transformers and highly technical solutions to industry and utility companies with increasing specialisation in the renewable energy sector. The Irish company was founded in 1977 as Pauwels Trafo and acquired by CG in 2005 but in 2020 it became Kyte Powertech an Irish company with truly international market and on a growth trajectory .
The company designs, manufactures, and supports its transformers and solutions from its base in Cavan. We are an important employer in the region and are exceptionally proud of our heritage and multiple international accreditations. Manufacturing consists of transformer core, winding, metal fabrication, painting, assembly, sub-station assembly and testing. All support functions from marketing to shipping are housed on-site.
Kyte Powertech Limited is an ambitious, growing business that has recently transformed the profitability of organisation with a solid restructure and alignment of processes and cost bases. It has won new business, developed deep client trust and commitment and is backed by an impressive order book. Since 2018 we have been developing a culture of lean and enterprise excellence at the Cavan site.
Engagement, efficiency and performance are at the forefront of all our conversations. The Lean journey has begun and is making a difference, we now need to progress into a more sustainable phase of continuous improvement.
Having become a wholly Irish owned entity in 2020, Kyte have collaborated with Enterprise Ireland to hire of graduates that will continue to bring fresh ideas, challenge the way things are done, stimulate innovation and bring a new perspective on products, processes and business. Kyte have defined 3 clear projects and the graduates will be mentored on site by an experienced and qualified personnel. These projects are significant projects in the company’s overall growth plan.
Kyte Powertech are looking for three talented and enthusiastic graduates to bring the latest learning and ideas to our thriving plant over a two-year period. Kyte commit to providing an exciting and challenging development and learning opportunity. Graduates will have a minimum Level 6 qualification. All roles will be based in Cavan.
Title: Process Variability Reduction and Automation
The Role & Purpose
Kyte has introduced two robotic welders to the plant which are functioning and producing. To really bring the effect of this investment to life, Kyte requires further programming and examination of the metal parts factory and design for manufacture concepts to reduce variability both in design and manufacturing achieving maximum efficiency, consistency, quality and reliability.
Role & Responsibilities
- Learn to master the robot programming.
- Enter new design programs and make recommendations for further expansion of suitable product.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing variability data for raw materials to the robot to increase efficiency.
- Monitor and determine root causes of variability issues and implement solutions.
- Analyse data using Six sigma techniques or FMEA.
- Plan and trial improvement process and measure and monitor achievements.
- Feasibility study of further automation throughout active parts and metal parts manufacture.
Production and Engineering Manager, B. Eng, M.Sc. Black Belt.
- Education to Advanced Certificate or higher in Robotics, Automation or Mechanical Engineering.
- Keen interest in manufacturing and technology
- Driven by improvement.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to take ownership of a project.
- Eager to learn
- Ability to execute problem solving techniques related to design/technical issues.
- Good organizational skills
Outcomes for the Plant
|Learning through feedback on process and systems
Understanding of variability causes and solutions
Increased reproducibility of subcomponents
Right first time
|Feasibility study on automation including ROI assessments
Identification of advanced production methods
|Greater reliability of tank for remote and off-shore application
Increased capability of robot for Kyte designs.