The Role & Purpose
Design Engineers prepare designs in line with specific customer specification. They are our first point of quality product and on-time delivery. Having in-depth knowledge of our plant capabilities they ensure designs that are efficient, robust and meets customer expectation
- Preparation of costings, specs, drawings and technical details for customers.
- Direction and co-ordination with manufacturing and quality.
- Assist sourcing with correct selection of mechanical accessories and outsourced product.
- Liaison with R&D to improve efficiencies
- Optimizing design to the customer specification.
- Preparation of instructions and drawings for use on the factory floor.
- Preparation, control and updating technical specifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- High level of computer skills
- Adept at working both independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong at building and maintaining relationships
- Experience is managing diverse stakeholders
- Hardworking, honest with a strong desire to succeed